About

Pella Sietas

The Pella Sietas Gmbh results from a merger between JJ Sietas KG and Open JSC Pella. From Hamburgs Russian twin city St.Petersburg. As a consequence of this merger between Sietas and Pella in April 2014 emerges a strong partner in shipbuilding industry who is able to understand customers‘ wishes and to meet the demands of the future.

“Continuing the proud tradition of German shipbuilding, Pella Sietas GmbH offers vessels built with state of the art engineering, latest energy saving technologies and, of course, excellent quality proven by our reputation.
Our responsibility goes far beyond actual business activities. As an independent owner-managed company we cultivate a climate of respectful cooperation and open communication.
Our employees are behind our success with heart and soul, committed to providing our quality products.
This makes us an efficient team and forms the foundation of our success.
Your Target is our Task!”

Garegin G. Tsaturov
CEO Pella Sietas GmbH

History of Sietas Shipyard

Family business with a long Tradition since 1635.

The yard was owned by the Sietas family for nearly 375 years. Since April 2014 the yard is owned by the Tsaturof family.

The transition from wooden shipbuilding to steel building started around 1900. In 1902 Sietas delivered its first ship built completly from iron, the galiot „Anna Mary“. By continuous development based on years of shipbuilding experience as well as extensive technical competence even the two world wars could not harm the yard. Coasters and later on Containerships were built and delivered like automobiles of an industrial assembly line. The signs of time were always in focus on the yard.

Sietas was always busy with the construction of innovative, efficient vessels. In 1966 the yard delivered the first containership, the ”Bell Vanguard”, worldwide. Many special purpose ships like pusher craſts, icebreakers. heavy liſt vessels, chemical/oil tanker, RoRo vessels and ferries, Self-unloading bulker and Hopper Suction Dredgers followed. In February 2014 Sietas delivered the first offshore Jack-up vessel built and constructed in Germany.

Sietas has been known for its highly complex Container and Heavy load vessels not only in Hamburg but also beyond the borders of Europe. Still many hundreds of the JJ Sietas KG ships form the backbone of the short-Sea shipping.

History of Pella Shipyard

Pallila (Pella) in translation from Finnish – soft, mellow ground, was marked in Swedish maps as far back as of the XVII century.

Catherine the Great was flattered that name of Ivanovskaya grange coincided with the name of the antique metropolis of Macedonian emperors: Pelam (modern Saloniki) where Alexander the Great was born. No wonder, that the new residence was named „Pella“. Nowadays only the coach house and a pavilion of the Post station have been left from the Pelam‘s palace which was dismantled down on order of the Russian Emperor Pavel the 1st.

In 1930s a truck trailer plant of the Ministry of forest industry was built on grounds of the Post office. Afer the World War II the plant was reconstructed and renamed as Leningrad mechanical plant No4. In 1950 the plant located on the left bank of the river was stated a task of arranging of a shipbuilding production. Soon tugs, speedboats, pilot boats and other small size vessels became the major products of the plant. In 1957 the plant was renamed as Leningrad ship engineering plant. In the 1960s the plant developed new production line – GRP production. The first prototypes of such vessels were catching vessels „Nadezhda“ („Hope“) for the fishing boat „Vostok“ („East“), hydrographic vessels „Kayra“, work boats „Bekas“, light hulls for all national deep-submergence vehicles for exploration of the world‘s ocean and seas.

In 1992 the plant was privatized and became Open Joint Stock Company „Leningrad shipyard „Pella“ (from June 21st 1996). Up to date „Pella“ is a joint-stock company having nine affiliating and dependent companies owing territory of 33 hectares and assets enough for doing successful business.

Quality and expertise

⇒ At Pella Sietas we not only invest in Research and development but also in our manpower.
⇒ Innovations due to team performance! This principle applies to Pella Sietas and to our suppliers alike to enable optimal leverage of the complete value chain.
⇒ Our well experienced team, consisting of engineers of all disciplines as well as production employees from electrician to welder, is supported by most modern programs like Nupas-Cadmatic, AutoCAD and other versatile technologies.
⇒ In our own design department, concepts for development and production are put together to fulfil the demands and specific needs of our customers ships‘.
⇒ We not only cooperate closely with trusted independent engineering offices but also with technical faculities and classification societies

Our Shipyard

180 x 40 m

Max Ship Size

21.300 m²

Steel Construction

12.300 t

DOCK CAPACITY

1.375 m

QUAISIDE

6.000 m²

Pipe Bending Center and
Unit Assembly

450 t

Gantry Crane

Our Shipyard, Pella Sietas GmbH, is located southwest of Hamburg on the river Elbe.
Since 1635 innovative ships are continually being built on this site.
The shipyard equipment and existing know how allow poduction of very big constructions as well as complex workpieces of high quality.
Our 200 highliy qualified experts and engineers have a strong track record throughout the years.

Dock

Quay side with conservation facilities

Panel line with oxyacetylene cutting machine for Panels

Plasma cutting machine

Fully automatic sawing center with attached cassette storage system

Electrohydraulic cold bending machine, pipe-Ø max. 219 x 7,1 mm / min. 60 mm